Monday, March 23, 2009

Lots of eggs!







Well we got 5 eggs yesterday and 4 so far today. Austin named his chicken 'Omlett' and he has been eating lots of them with the eggs we gather. I never thought of raising chickens but its nice because they eat bugs. Cannon loves the baby chicks he especially likes when the baby chicks scatter and chirp.




The eggs are coming in all colors, brown, white and light blue. The yolks are dark almost orange. We are not sure what eggs come from what chickens. Chad made nesting boxes for each hen. But for some reason the hens lay all of their eggs in one box.
Can you believe the chickens like leftovers...I am going to have to record it you won't believe how they fight over left-overs.






1 comment:

QuillandCanvas said...

Hi Shell!

I came to your blog from BYC! I have to ask, is that a Silver Laced Wyandotte Rooster in the pic above?

I'm wondering if my 3 are roosters or pullets, and I'm having a hard time finding "teenaged" pictures of roosters!

Thanks and VERY cute blog, btw!
Coloradowildflower